Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The ever-prolific Annie B posed a great question in her status, "Where are all the good men dead: in the heart or in the head?" I love 'Grosse Pointe Blank'!!  Sometimes this questions slips into the darker recesses of my head and lays dormant there until someone brings it back to light!  

I loved my Philosophy classes in undergrad.  So, my natural inclination is to ask if a man is dead in the heart or the head, is he a good man? I would go with no.  I would think that to be dead in the heart (making one heartless), would not render a good man.  And to be dead in the head (having no thought) definitely wouldn't yield a good man.  I can honestly say that the best men are neither dead in heart or head.  Occasionally, a tad off kilter in one aspect or the other, but never totally lacking in one or the other.  And most men are actually adept at letting heart or head compensate for what they lack.  At least the cognitively capable ones are.  Why would you engage a man that's anything less?

No comments:

Post a Comment