Monday, January 5, 2009

A new year....

I cannot believe that 2009 is upon us. For me, 2008 was the year of the wedding. I'm hoping that 2009 will be the year of the Graduation as well as the year of a passed Bar Exam. It's always so exciting to ring in a new year with all of its hope and promise.  I am excited to see what these next twelve months have in store for my family and friends.  I know that there are many peaks and valleys along the way, but I feel blessed that I have been able to witness this new year. 

Being here in DC right now, I am also anxious to see how the Inaugural Events unfold.  Along Pennsylvania Ave, the streets are lined with District of Columbia flags and USA flags. Bleachers are also set up, although I'm sure the "little people" such as myself won't be sitting on them.  I am very curious to see how history comes together here in the District in the coming weeks.  The bars are staying open until 5 am...yikes!  I am also extremely anxious to see how the visitors gel with the inhabitants.  Generally the East Coast attitude is a little chilly :), but there's something about Barack Obama that has everyone speaking, hugging, laughing and discussing these monumental occasions like we're all old friends.  

It was good to be home for the holidays.  All of the kids are getting to be so big, especially Eric, Kennedy and Robert (LaRon).  Eric is excited about being a big brother and I'm anxious to see how they interact. I'm sure he will do Auntie Stacey proud.  The only bad thing about going home for the holidays is the constant running around to see everyone.  As Richard said, "This is like a business trip!" I don't know when I'll be in St. Louis again.  Soon, I hope.  

All of the constant travel and two long car rides in less than two weeks have left me ill :(  The nurse is going to take care of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment