Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens? Not really my favorite things.  Fried apples and biscuits.  The entire two minutes and 51 seconds of 'My Cherie Amour' and each chord of Chopin's Prelude in E minor (Opus 28 No.4).  Shiny red toes from a fresh pedicure. Black knee high boots...ahh! Those are my favorite things.  I especially love holding babies and calming them.  Putting baby oil gel on my freshly shaved legs, wearing high heeled sandals in the summer. Calling someone I haven't talked to in a long time and hearing them say, "I was just thinking about you!"  The first bite of an apple (it's always the best, ask Ramona). There are so many things I love, I could never love just one person, place or thing.  

Have you ever watched "Inside the Actor's Studio"?  If you have, you've listened to countless celebrities answer this questionnaire.  I thought I would give it a whirl. Copy it down and answer the questions for your own personal growth.  

1. What turns you on?   A hug from behind from my husband.

2. What turns you off?  Feeling overwhelmed and overstimulated.

3. What is your favorite word?  Whatever.

4. What is your least favorite word? C%$#

5. What sound or noise do you love? When one of the little people says, "Hi Auntie Stacey".

6. What sound or noise do you hate?  Construction while I'm trying to sleep, or kids screaming.

7.What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? Makeup artist, Writer, photographer

8.  What profession other than yours would you not like to attempt? Doctor or Lawyer

9. What is your favorite curse word? Depends on my mood and the subtext, usually f#$%

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you reach the pearly gates?  "I'm so glad you're here, we have so much to talk about. But don't worry about it, I love you."


I always get lots of questionnaire emails.  I love doing them, answering the questions.  I love lists.  It's something I inherited from my Grandmother.  She loved to make lists and always had a grocery list handy, just in case we made a trip while we were out.  

I would always ask my mom what her favorites were and she always said she didn't have a favorite (fill-in-the-blank).  Mom did, however, sign one of her school pictures, 'to my favorite daughter'.  I was very happy to read that until I read it again on the picture she gave Sara.  When we confronted her about it she said we were both her favorite daughters.  Nice save.  

I love getting those messages, filling in my favorites and reading what favorites everyone else has.  Another one of my favorite lists is a list of desserts.  The different desserts describe the nuances of your personality.  I have been known to pick Chocolate on Chocolate or Strawberry Shortcake.  What does that say to you about my personality?

No comments:

Post a Comment