The snow makes me...crazy! It makes people on the bus and the metro sit closer to you so they can drip on you. It is beautiful as it falls, but becomes the ugliest mess when it gets plowed and turns black with dirt and smut. The snow makes me claustrophobic, like it's got me trapped inside my apartment. I can't escape it! Something about the snow is romantic, though. It seems like it would be nice to be cuddled up under a blanket watching it snow...for all of five minutes, give or take ten percent. The snow makes my socks wet and my boots icky. It also makes me come inside and start melting like the little boy from the Campbell's soup commercial. The snow has robbed me of birthday parties from the get-go. The snow and I are not friends unless I'm gathering it in my hands to make snowball to hit someone with, or sledding, or tubing. I love the soft, dry powdery snow. The kind that makes a crunchy-swishy noise when you walk in it in your boots. However, the wet heavy snow is cool when making ammo ;)
I was born under similar circumstances. My mother was at a labor class when her water broke. The weather was bad so they admitted her, which led to almost 24 hours of labor, complete with pitocin and forceps. I think I stalled. I saw the light of day and tried to turn around. Ah, to no avail. I am a February baby, complete with icy temperament to match the weather.
My childnood neighbor said, " happy birthday Ice Princess! You made it snow for your birthday!" That captures my essence. Happy February!
No comments:
Post a Comment