
One of my favorite songs in the whole wide world is a Beatles song called "Two of Us". I love this song for many reasons. One reason being that it describes two people on their way back home from mindless excursions. Case in point, yesterday. After the Blizzard of 2009 rendered us senseless from cabin fever, Kami and I decided to meet in Columbia Heights. We knew 14th st would be plowed and it surely was!! After a C+ lunch, we decided to walk to her house to her car and go to Silver Spring because we figured that 16th and Georgia Av would be a go (and they both were), but the walk from Target to her house was quite interesting and eventful. We scaled bridges, skated, spoke with our neighbors and sang Christmas carols. Hmmmm. My feet get cold, wet and tingly just thinking about it.
I have been blessed this year to have so many "Two of Us" like moments with friends and family. Many moments where I have felt very happy to be exactly where I am right now and nowhere else. I even had a moment like that the day of the car accident. I know how I am--I am me, and that's not always clear cut. I won't apologize for that. I refuse to apologize for being myself. If you don't like it, don't deal with it. However, I just hope that all of my close friends know that I love them and will continue to do so in the new year.
Anxiously awaiting my family's arrival--
Stacey
No comments:
Post a Comment